TWO TEXTILE MANUFACTURERS take the brave step of entering a new business area.
Adolf Mann and Dr. Erich Hummel have been owners of textile company Bleyle since 1938, but the Second World War threatens the existence of their company. By a fortunate coincidence, engine and piston manufacturer Mahle is looking to sell its production of air, oil, and gasoline filters. After careful consideration, Adolf Mann and Dr. Hummel decide to take this opportunity and establish Filterwerk Mann + Hummel GmbH on January 6, 1941. Production is based at their textile plant in Ludwigsburg.